A Bit About our family
Hello and welcome to my website! Let me tell you a little about myself. I'm an ordained minister of the Word in the Christian Reformed Church. I was born and raised in South Korea, married (Jenny Kim) in 1996. We came to the United Stated for my theological education. I finished my second B.A in Christian Philosophy at Tyndale College in 2001. And I earned my master's degree (M.Div) at Calvin Theological Seminary in 2006. We have two beautiful children who were born in Michigan while I was a student. My wife is a registered nurse. My son lives in Seattle WA. My daughter is 10th grade this year. Currently, I am working at New Hope Christian Reformed Church as an assistant pastor since 2012. Before New Hope CRC, I had served Trinity Christian Reformed Church in Anchorage AK for six years. My ministry at Trinity CRC was a multi-ethnic ministry. I posted some pictures and video clips that you can enjoy watching my multi-ethnic ministry at Trinity CRC in Anchorage AK. My ministry at New Hope CRC is a bit different. I can't do a multi-ethnic ministry here. But I love to preach to the people of God at New Hope CRC as a preaching pastor from 2014-2016. If you want to listen to my current sermons, please visit . I also teach a Bible class at a local elementary school every Monday since 2013. We are ready to move to Syracuse NY for church planting. I'm passionate about preaching Christ in season and out of season. (2 Timothy 4:2) Galatians 2:20 is my favorite Bible verse. It says, "I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me." Living for Chris! Christ Alone! I hope you enjoy visiting my website. In Christ, Rev. James Kim
Rev. James Kim
Who I Am
• Born in Seoul, Korea in 1970
• Immigrated to the U.S (Michigan) in 1997
• Married in 1996, Jenny (wife), Two children: John and Grace
• Dedicated and enthusiastic youth, children & outreach pastor since 1990.
• Strong Emphasis on expository preaching and Reformed Theology.
• Many years of outreach experience: door-to-door evangelism, mission trips and puppet show -I was a professional puppeteer-.
• Committed to helping God's people to grow deeper in faith through Bible study and preaching.
• Speak Korean and English fluently.
• An empathetic listener: love to spend time with God's people and listen to their stories to understand their thoughts and feelings.
• Areas of expertise include: Preaching, Counseling, Youth Ministry, Children's Ministry and Evangelism
• Adjectives that describes my personality: affectionate, hard-working, honest, artistic, reliable, faithful, diligent, sympathetic, capable, confident, encouraging, positive, trustworthy and funny.
• Han-Sei University, B.A
• William Tyndale College, B.A
• Calvin Theological Seminary, M.Div
• KangSung Church, South Korea, Senior Pastor, 1993-1997
• Han-Bit CRC, Rochester Hills MI, Pastor of Youth/Praise team leader, 1997-2005
• Trinity CRC, Anchorage AK, Pastor of Youth/Education/Mission & Outreach, 2006-2012
• New Hope CRC, Spokane WA, Pastor/Pastor of Youth/ Education/ Outreach/ Korean Worship, 2012- Current
• Bible After School teaching club - Airport Heights Elementary, Anchorage AK (2006-2012) - Rogers Park Elementary, Anchorage AK (2009-2012) - Balboa Elementary, Spokane WA (2013-current)
Articles About Me
The Banner is the official monthly magazine of the Christian Reformed Church. Four articles were published when I was serving Trinity CRC from 2006-2012. The last one is published in 2015.